Swipe out cream cheese for hummus! Trust us, you'll be OBSESSED with this fun, healthier take on this American food staple.
As we say in Arabic, sahtain! (enjoy)
- 9 jalapeños, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- 3-4 large scoops of Baba's Hummus
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of scallions, diced
- Handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon za'atar spice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- Drizzle of evoo
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix hummus, feta cheese, scallions and herbs. Season with salt. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
Step 3: Add a scoop of hummus mix to halved jalapeños. Arrange on a sheet pan.
Step 4: In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, spices, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
Step 5: Sprinkle bread crumb mix over halved jalapeños.